Yeayyy! Finally back to Taiwan again!
Once I landed in Taoyuan international Airport, I took the bus to City Hall Station and change the ride with Capital Bus No 1570 which bring me to the place that surely I believe will bring the memories of Taiwan Culture alive!
I was very excited thus once I reached Luodong, I took a taxi to bring me to Forte Dong-shan Villa, which I will stay for 3 Days 2 Nights. The taxi driver was very nice to introduce Luodong and Yilan county to me. And he is an english speaking taxi driver! So, I think I will share the taxi driver contact here should you visit Luodong or Yilan one day
So, after a quick 15 minutes ride, here I was! Forte Dong-Shan Villa, nicely located within National Center for Traditional Arts (NCTA), the hotel is very quiet and have a serene ambience. It’s just perfect for a person like me, who wants to be away for a while from the buzzling city.
The exterior is really like a blast in the past! It surely gave me a feeling like I was in one of those drama!
And voila!! Here was my room! The interior is very classy with red bricks, which really bring back childhood memories. The room is neat, clean, cozy and furnished with aircon, TV and clean bathroom *important*
With the brochures in hand given by the friendly staff, I started to plan what I am going to do the next day.
NCTA is really a word-class attraction showcasing the culture and history of Taiwan. They have various exciting shows, hands on activities (DIY – Do It Yourself), and interactive exhibits.
Some highlights are:
- A Place of Prayer such as Wengchang Temple
- A Must See Exhibition Halls and Theater Hall
- Explore the Education Boulevard, Folk Art Boulevard and Waterfront Boulevard
- You also cannot miss Guanghsiao Shrine and Scholar Huang’s Residence
- Antique Residence in Forte Dong-Shan Villa **which I stay now :D**
- Taste of Taiwan: Mutsai Kiln
With a pencil in my hand and the maps, I started to..yawn…
Hmm… it’s been a long journey, 4 hours flight and 1 hours bus riding, and it’s quite late already. Let’s call it a day
I will need my beauty sleep thus tomorrow I can enjoy myself with all of those exciting activities inside the NCTA!
Good Nite peeps!
Forte Dong-Shan Villa
No. 201, Section 2 in Wujie Village, Wujie Township, Yilan, Taiwan
Tel: +886 3 960 2121
For reservation: Click HERE
By Public Transportation
By Train: Depart from Taipei or Hualien, get off at the Luodong Train Station
By Bus: From Taipei you can take either 1) Capital Bus (MRT City Hall station exit 3) - which I took 1570 earlier, or 2) Kamalan Bus (Taipei Bus Station)
**Please check the bus websites in case of the time changes**
Get off at Luodong Station either from Taipei or Hualien
* Take a taxi. The ride takes about 15 minutes and costs around NTD200
* Take Yilan County Public Bus No. 241 or 261 at Capital Bus Luodong Terminal. For bus schedules and fares please check the Capital Bus Website or call +886 800 000 866
* Take Dongshan River Route Shuttle Bus, take the shuttle to the last stop : National Center for Traditional Arts
* Take the Luodong to Nanfang-ao Bus Line (this passes through Chinshuei) run by Kuo-Kuang Bus (Tel: +886 3 956 7505) at Luodong Train Station, get off at the Jialiyuan Bridge and walk for 10 minutes to reach the NCTA
Mr Li (李禹樵）
Mobile/WA: +886 (0) 920 764559
Line ID: trevelertaxi
WeChat ID: Taxi659
Email: [email protected]
**English Speaking Taxi Driver**